Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Pink Octopus – Burlesque Design, Bonnaroo, 2006



Artist: Burlesque Design
Type: Festival Poster
Print: Silkscreen
Size: 19 x 25
Event Date: 6.16-18.2006
Venue: Bonnaroo Music Festival – Manchester, TN
Unsigned, unnumbered, stamped on back

The folks at Burlesque make posters for Bonnaroo practically every year, and of those this is my favorite.

Fun fact: a couple of friends and I worked main stage security that year at the festival, so we got primo spots for this concert, and I can tell you that of the six Radiohead shows I’ve been to, this was the best. They played everything we wanted to hear and then some. It was a magical few hours. For that reason, this pink octopus is burned into my memory.




The Bonnaroo main stage sign before it went up



8 comments:

  1. You don't have one of these posters do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have every poster you see on this blog and many many more! Sadly most of them are not for sale, including this one .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, I was there also! If you ever change your mind, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You arent willing to part with this print by any chance are you? Been looking for many years for this, happy to pay $200 for it if you want to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need this poster.... Can you help???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does anyone know where to get this?

    ReplyDelete