Monday, June 13, 2016

The LSU Poster – Gig Promo, Baton Rouge, 1995


Artist: Unknown
Type: Gig Promo
Print: Photocopy
Size: 11 x 17
Event Date: 9.13.1995
Venue: LSU Assembly Center, Baton Rouge, LA
Unsigned, unnumbered

This is the oldest Radiohead poster I own by concert date. It’s just a photocopied pole paster, I know, but I love this thing! This concert took place just an hour from my house back when I was just a wee lad. Sure, someone could simply photocopy the thing and say its an original, but the patina here is a bit tougher to fake. Not to mention: why would they? Fake a Rolex, sure - everyone wants those. But an R.E.M. flyer? That would be a special kind of evil.

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me, I think I have an old Bends-era flyer for a San Diego show around here somewhere. Do you collect flyers too? Or just the bigger, fancier stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely collect flyers too! Let's trade bro !

    ReplyDelete