Monday, June 13, 2016

The Israeli Tour Poster – Tour Promo, 2000



Artist: Unknown
Type: Tour Promo
Print: Lithograph
Size: 26 3/4 x 17 1/2
Event Date: 7.7,9.2000
Venue: Cinerama – Tel Aviv, Israel & Old Roman Amphitheater – Caesarea Maritima, Israel

Here’s one that’s tough to track down. It appears to be a promoter poster (the paper is very thin and there are a few logos along the bottom as you would normally see on a promoter poster), but it’s clear that someone put some work into the design of this thing what with the lines of Kid A-era prose and little drawings.


Much of this thing is in Hebrew, so I had to go back into the tour archive to find the names of the venues. If anyone who can read this poster spots any interesting tidbits in the text like “rain or shine,” or “No Palestinians,” please let me know.


Fun fact: they played Fog for the first time at that second show. I’ve seen them six times and have yet to hear that one live.

3 comments:

  1. Is the Caesarea poster available for sale? Know where else I can get one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few copies for sale from this one

      Delete
    2. Oops, hit enter too fast.
      Contact me at: omer.office@gmail.com.

      This poster promoted Radiohead's second visit to Israel (the first one was around 1995/6).
      They played 2 concerts, one in Tel Aviv and the other one in Ceasare.
      It was printed by the producer (Shuki Weiss) who brought them to Israel.
      One logo at the bottom is by NMC, the record company who distributed Radiohead's albums in Israel. The second logo of the British Council, they support culture events.
      Around the late 90s / early 2000s I had a friend who was a frequent guest at the Israeli record companies offices. He used to bring me posters, so I got from him a small quantity of this one. Some sold over the years but I still have a few left for sale.
      Contact me : omer.office@gmail.com

      Delete