Monday, June 13, 2016

The First Capitol Promo – TAZ, 1993


Artist: TAZ
Type: Promo
Print: Silkscreen
Size: 22 x 30
Signed, unnumbered edition of 30

TAZ is an artistic collaboration led by founder Jim Evans whose career and accomplishments reside outside of the scope of this blog (see his Wikipedia page for more). He created three and a half posters that you will see on this blog, all of them featuring Radiohead in one way or another, or course.

This first one was created for Capitol Records to advertise their new acts which included, well, see for yourself. It’s a pretty killer list. Only two of those artists aren’t in my music library at this moment.

This one is more of an advertising relic than a music poster, but guess what? It says “Radiohead” on it, and that’s good enough for me. Plus the colors and printing are both fantastic, and it even mentions cassettes (a few of those still dwell in my music library as well).







1 comment:

  1. Now I'm curious of the 2 unloved artists. I don't think I have any Devlins or I Mother Earth in my iTunes, but otherwise, some favorites listed there.

    ReplyDelete